An Easy Pumpkin Bundt Cake Recipe anyone can make! This Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake is moist and filled with warm fall spices!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy about affiliate links.
This Easy Pumpkin Bundt Cake Is The Best Fall Dessert!
There is no flavor more indicative that fall is here than pumpkin spice and this Pumpkin Bundt Cake is the perfect dessert to enjoy all season long!
Bundt cakes look fancy because of their special shape, but making them is actually pretty simple which makes this cake a treat you will want to bring to all of your autumn gatherings!
Why you’ll love this Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake Recipe
- Easy to make: Although bundt cakes look impressive, they are incredibly easy to make. Simply mix the pumpkin cake batter and bake!
- Made with pantry staples: Most of these ingredients are pantry staples that you probably already have on hand!
- Absolutely Beautiful: Bundt cakes are so pretty! You can use a detailed fluted pan to make your cake stand out and top with the simple frosting and garnish with nuts!
Pumpkin Bundt Cake Recipe ingredients
For this recipe you’ll need:
- unsalted butter
- granulated sugar
- pumpkin puree
- vanilla extract
- all purpose flour
- baking powder, baking soda
- cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg
Substitutions for this Pumpkin Cake Recipe:
Butter: Butter is essential to this recipe. We haven't tried it with dairy free butter but it might work!
Sugar: We don't recommend substituting white sugar.
Eggs: We don't recommend substituting eggs, but you can read this article on Egg Substitutions for Baking if you need to substitute. Try it at your own risk!
Milk: You can substitute milk with half and half, low fat milk or non dairy milk.
Vanilla Extract: Helps to add flavor, we don't recommend substituting.
Pumpkin: You can substitute pumpkin for bananas. Try this Banana Bundt Cake Recipe!
How to make Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Beat together butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add pumpkin, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix again until smooth.
- Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Cool for at least 30 minutes before removing from the pan.
Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake Recipe storage
Storing: You can store this pumpkin bundt cake for up to 4 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
Freezing: You can freeze this recipe for up to 3 months. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and then store in a freezer ziplog bag or wrap in aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn. Thaw before enjoying.
How to serve Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake
We recommend topping this pumpkin cake with the optional simple icing and chopped walnuts or pecans. It would also be delicious served with fresh whipped cream or ice cream!
Pumpkin Bundt FAQs
Any cake can be a Bundt cake if it's baked in a Bundt pan. A regular cake is typically baked in a cake pan.
Typically bundt cake batter is the same as regular cake batter.
Bundt cakes can often take longer to bake than other types of cakes, but the baking time will depend on the shape and depth of your bundt pan.
Yes, you can use two loaf pans instead of a bundt pan to bake a cake. However, since the shape and size of the loaf pans will be different, you will probably need to adjust the baking time. Start checking for doneness earlier than the recipe suggests. You can use the toothpick test (inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake; if it comes out clean, the cakes are ready) to determine when they are done.
Yes and no. If you want it to truly be a bundt cake, then yes, it has to be baked in a bundt pan because that's what determines a bundt cake. However you can use this cake batter in another pan (with varying baking times) as well for a regular Pumpkin Spice Cake or try these Pumpkin Bars.
Other bundt cake recipes:
- Moist Banana Bundt Cake
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
- Raspberry Lemon Bundt Cake
- Almond Vanilla Bundt Cake
- Lemon Sour Cream Bundt Cake
Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F & prepare a well greased bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add pumpkin, eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Mix again until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, spices) to the wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Cool for at least 30 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Optional glaze: In a small bowl, beat the powdered sugar, milk, and butter until combined. Once the cake has cooled, drizzle your glaze over the cake.