These Soft Pumpkin Cookies are the perfect fall treat! A delicious pumpkin spice cookie recipe that is light, fluffy and so easy to make!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy about affiliate links.
Soft Pumpkin Cookies
These soft pumpkin cookies are the perfect fall cookie! Pair with a hot chai tea or coffee. Soft and pillowy, these cookies will be a huge hit.
Why you will love this Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
Soft Pumpkin Cookies Recipe ingredients
To make these soft pumpkin spice cookies you'll need:
- salted butter
- white sugar
- pumpkin purre
- vanilla extract
- pumpkin pie spice
- baking soda & baking powder
- sea salt
- all purpose flour
Pumpkin Cookie substitutions
Salted Butter: Butter is essential to this recipe. We haven't tried it with dairy-free butter but it might work!
All Purpose Flour: We don't recommend substituting the flour
Eggs: We don't recommend substituting eggs, but you can read this article on Egg Substitutions for Baking if you need to substitute. Try it at your own risk!
Vanilla Extract: Helps to add flavor, we don't recommend substituting.
Salt: Helps to add flavor, we don't recommend substituting.
How To Make Pumpkin Cookies
- Preheat oven and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add pumpkin puree, egg, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add the flour and mix well again.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop the cookies on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until slightly golden brown on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let cookies cool for 5 minutes before enjoying!
Pumpkin Cookies Recipe tips and variations
- Frosting: Place a small dollop of cream cheese frosting on top of each cookie.
- Mini whoopie pies!: Sandwich each cookie with a maple cream cheese frosting.
- Add chocolate: Add mini chocolate chips to your cookie dough.
How to store Pumpkin Drop Cookies
Storing: Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Soft Pumpkin Cookies FAQs
If you’re keeping the cookies in a cool, dry area like the pantry, they should last up to three days. If you’re keeping them in the fridge, they should last for at least a week, maybe longer. If stored in the freezer, I would keep them for no longer than three months.
Make these amazing pumpkin cookies, of course! Honestly, there are tons of things you can make using pumpkin. I usually like to peel, gut, and slice my pumpkin before boiling it. Once soft, I puree it to have my very own homemade pumpkin puree to use in countless recipes. You would no longer need canned pumpkin puree since that’s all canned pumpkin is! It’s fresh pumpkin puree.
Allow the pumpkin cookies to cool completely before adding them to a container or plastic bag. If they are stored before they've cooled the steam from the cookie will soften and make the cookie wet.
Overmixing the cookie dough can lead to a flatter cookie. Mix just until the ingredients are just combined.
More Cookie Recipes You’re Sure To Love:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cereal
- Hot Cocoa Cookies
- Whipped Shortbread Cookies
- Gingersnap Cookies
- Lemon Cool Whip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pumpkin Drop Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and cover a baking sheet in parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar for about 1 minute until combined.
- Add pumpkin puree, egg, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix until combined (The batter may look odd/separated - don't worry!)
- Add the flour and mix well again.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop the cookies on the prepared baking sheet, about half an inch apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until slightly golden brown on the edges. Remove from the oven and let sit on the pan for 5 minutes before enjoying!