These Soft Pumpkin Cookies are the perfect fall treat! A delicious pumpkin spice cookie recipe that is light, fluffy and so easy to make!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy about affiliate links.
These soft pumpkin cookies are the perfect fall cookie! Pair with a hot chai tea or coffee. Soft and pillowy, these cookies will be a huge hit.
And if you need even more fall or Halloween treats, try these Pumpkin Rice Krispies, they're shaped like pumpkins!
Why You Will Love This Easy Pumpkin Cookie Recipe
- Delicious: These cookies are packed with pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice!
- Easy to make: These cookies are so simple to make!
- Total Fall Comfort Food: When you need something comforting, and full of pumpkin & spice, this is the one!
Soft Pumpkin Spice Cookie Recipe Ingredients
To make these soft pumpkin spice cookies you'll need:
- salted butter
- white sugar
- pumpkin purre
- vanilla extract
- pumpkin pie spice
- baking soda & baking powder
- sea salt
- all purpose flour
How To Make Pumpkin Cookies
- Preheat oven and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add pumpkin puree, egg, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add the flour and mix well again.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop the cookies on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until slightly golden brown on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let cookies cool for 5 minutes before enjoying!
How to Store Pumpkin Cookies:
Storing: Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Can Soft Pumpkin Cookies be Frozen? Store in the freezer, layered between wax paper, in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
Substitutions for this Pumpkin Cookie Recipe:
Salted Butter: Butter is essential to this recipe. We haven't tried it with dairy-free butter but it might work!
Sugar: We don't recommend substituting white sugar unless you have to, but White sugar can be used interchangeably with brown sugar. You can add 1 teaspoon of molasses to white sugar to make brown sugar. Check out this post on Sugar Substitutes for Baking for other ideas.
Eggs: We don't recommend substituting eggs, but you can read this article on Egg Substitutions for Baking if you need to substitute. Try it at your own risk!
Vanilla Extract: Helps to add flavor, we don't recommend substituting.
Salt: Helps to add flavor, we don't recommend substituting.
Soft Pumpkin Cookie Recipe FAQs
If you’re keeping the cookies in a cool, dry area like the pantry, they should last up to three days. If you’re keeping them in the fridge, they should last for at least a week, maybe longer. If stored in the freezer, I would keep them for no longer than three months.
Make these amazing pumpkin cookies, of course! Honestly, there are tons of things you can make using pumpkin. I usually like to peel, gut, and slice my pumpkin before boiling it. Once soft, I puree it to have my very own homemade pumpkin puree to use in countless recipes. You would no longer need canned pumpkin puree since that’s all canned pumpkin is! It’s fresh pumpkin puree.
Allow the pumpkin cookies to cool completely before adding them to a container or plastic bag. If they are stored before they've cooled the steam from the cookie will soften and make the cookie wet.
More Cookie Recipes You’re Sure To Love:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cereal
- Hot Cocoa Cookies
- Whipped Shortbread Cookies
- Lemon Cool Whip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft Pumpkin Cookie Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and cover a baking sheet in parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar for about 1 minute until combined.
- Add pumpkin puree, egg, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix until combined (The batter may look odd/separated - don't worry!)
- Add the flour and mix well again.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop the cookies on the prepared baking sheet, about half an inch apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until slightly golden brown on the edges. Remove from the oven and let sit on the pan for 5 minutes before enjoying!