The Best Banana Bundt Cake Recipe! This moist banana cake recipe is delicious and easy to make in a bundt pan! Easy and yummy!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy about affiliate links.
This delicious Banana Cake has all the flavors you love about banana bread in a bundt cake that has a golden brown outside with a soft, fluffy inside!
Your house will be filled with heavenly aromas of banana with a hint of warm vanilla.
A must make recipe the next time you find yourself with speckled bananas and it is absolutely perfect for any holiday or gathering!
If you love banana baked goods, try our Banana Drop Cookies that taste like banana bread in a cookie!
You'll Love this Recipe for Banana Cake
- Delicious: Some of the best recipes are simple and still have a ton of flavor. This recipe has the taste of delicious, moist banana bread in a bundt cake!
- Easy to make: Don't toss those overly ripe bananas, this easy banana bundt cake recipe is perfect for using them up with a few other pantry staples
- A fun twist on banana bread: If you love banana bread, then this cake is going to be a real treat!
Banana Bundt Cake Ingredients
Here's what you'll need to make this cake:
- all purpose flour
- baking powder, baking soda
- granulated sugar
- shortening or butter
- mashed bananas
- vanilla extract
How To Make Banana Cake
- In a bowl combine dry ingredients. Add shortening and mix. Add ¼ cup milk and mashed bananas. Mix for 2 minutes at low speed. Add eggs, vanilla and remaining milk. Mix on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Pour into a greased floured pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
Banana Cake Recipe Substitutions
Butter: Butter is essential to this recipe. We haven't tried it with dairy free butter but it might work!
Sugar: We don't recommend substituting white sugar unless you have to, but White sugar can be used interchangeably with brown sugar. You can add 1 teaspoon of molasses to white sugar to make brown sugar. Check out this post on Sugar Substitutes for Baking for other ideas.
Eggs: We don't recommend substituting eggs, but you can read this article on Egg Substitutions for Baking if you need to substitute. Try it at your own risk!
Milk: You can substitute milk with half and half, low fat milk or non dairy milk.
Vanilla Extract: Helps to add flavor, we don't recommend substituting.
Making a Dry Cake Moist: This is a very moist cake recipe, but if you have trouble with it, check out this post for How To Make A Dry Cake Moist
Banana Bundt Cake Recipe FAQ
As long as they aren't moldy, you can use them! The riper they are, the sweeter your banana cake will be.
If you don't get the right ratio of wet and dry ingredients, you will have a more dry cake.
At room temperature, it will last 4 days. In the fridge, it will last a week. In the freezer, it will last up to 3 months.
Be careful adding ingredients because it could affect the moisture in your cake, but some good flavor additions would be peanut butter, chocolate chips, walnuts, pecans, or coconut flakes.
Other bundt cake recipes:
The Best Banana Cake Recipe
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- Add shortening to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add ¼ cup milk and mashed bananas. Mix for 2 minutes at low speed
- Add eggs, vanilla and remaining milk. Mix on medium speed for 1 minute
- Pour into a greased floured pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes