The Best Monster Cookie Recipe! These Monster Cookies are loaded with M&Ms, chocolate, peanut butter and more! Delicious and easy to bake!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy about affiliate links.
If you are looking for a cookie that is chewy and delicious and loaded with all the goodies, you will love these Monster Cookies!
Made with creamy peanut butter, oats, bright M&M's, and chocolate chips, these are so easy to make and perfect for sharing.
They're the perfect combination of sweet and salty, and they will satisfy even the biggest sweet tooth.
This Recipe For Monster Cookies is the best!
- Pantry Staple Ingredients – Most of these ingredients are pantry staples that you probably already have on hand!
- Perfectly Crispy Edges – Leaving the cookies on the baking sheet after taking them out of the oven allows for the edges to crisp up without overcooking the center.
- Packed with Chocolate – These cookies are loaded with chocolate chips and M&M's making them perfect for chocolate lovers!
What is a monster cookie?
Monster cookies are basically the best parts of an oatmeal cookie, a chocolate chip cookie, and a peanut butter cookie combined into one!
Best Monster Cookie Recipe ingredients
- creamy peanut butter
- unsalted butter
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- old fashioned oats
- semi sweet chocolate chips
How to make Monster Cookies
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the peanut butter, butter, and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Gradually add the combined dry ingredients to the wet mixture, stirring until combined. Fold in the remaining ingredients until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Portion dough into 2-inch balls and place on parchment lined baking sheets. Press down lightly to slightly flatten.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Storing this Monster Cookie Recipe
Storing: You can store these monster cookies recipe for up to 5 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
Freezing: You can freeze baked cookies for up to 3 months in an airtight container. Thaw completely before enjoying or pop into the microwave for 10-20 seconds.
Freezing Cookie Dough: You can freeze this cookie dough. Scoop into balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet or use these cookie dough freezing trays. When ready to bake, remove the cookie dough from the freezer, place on a baking sheet, and thaw for 30 minutes before baking. Check out this post for How to Freeze Cookie Dough for tips on saving cookie dough for later.
Monster Cookies Recipe subs and variations
Peanut Butter: We recommend Skippy peanut butter in this recipe. You can use natural peanut butter, but it might be a little bit dry.
Butter: Butter is essential to this recipe. We haven't tried it with dairy free butter but it might work!
Sugar: We don't recommend substituting white sugar or brown sugar.
Brown Sugar: You can make brown sugar with white sugar. You can add 1 teaspoon of molasses to 1 cup white sugar to make brown sugar.
Eggs: We don't recommend substituting eggs, but you can read this article on Egg Substitutions for Baking if you need to substitute. Try it at your own risk!
All Purpose Flour: We don't recommend substituting the flour, but you can check out this article on Substitutions for All-Purpose Flour.
Baking Soda: Baking soda is essential for this recipe. Do not substitute with baking powder.
Vanilla Extract: Helps to add flavor, we don't recommend substituting.
M&Ms/ Chocolate Chips: You can add more or less chocolate chips or m&ms!
Best Monster Cookies Recipe FAQS
If you don't allow your cookies to cool on the baking sheet before moving them, they tend to fall apart.
Your oven may be too hot or you may want to chill your dough for a little before baking.
If you refrigerate your cookie dough, it can help keep them from spreading during baking.
In this recipe, there are 141 calories per cookie.
Other cookie recipes:
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars
- Best Spritz Cookie Recipe
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup unsalted butter at room temperature (1 and ½ stick)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cups old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cups M&M's
- ¾ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the peanut butter, butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Fold in the old-fashioned oats, M&M's and chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to portion the dough into 2-inch balls and place them on the prepared baking sheets.
- Press down lightly on each cookie to flatten them slightly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the centers are set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Leave a Reply