The Best Snickers Cookies Recipe! Snicker Cookies are loaded with peanuts, Snickers and chocolate. Rich and delicious!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy about affiliate links.
The best Snicker Bar Cookies
When you think of traditional candy bars, Snickers likely comes to mind and these Snickers Cookies take everything you love about this beloved classic to the next level!
Each cookie is loaded with pieces of Snickers, chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, and extra peanuts in a sweet and buttery cookie dough making them an irresistible treat!
Bake these for your family or bring them to your next gathering and I promise everyone will love them!
You will love these Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies
- Easy to Make – This recipe is so easy for anyone to make when they want a tasty treat. Plus you only need pantry staples!
- Packed with Chocolate – These cookies are loaded with chocolate chips, chunks, and snickers making them perfect for chocolate lovers!
- Perfectly Crispy Edges – Leaving the cookies on the baking sheet after taking them out of the oven allows for the edges to crisp up without overcooking the center.
Snicker Cookies ingredients
To make these Snickers cookies you'll need:
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- unsalted butter
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- snickers bars
- roasted peanuts
- chocolate chips
- chopped chocolate bar
Snickers Cookie Recipe substitutions
Brown Sugar: You can make brown sugar with white sugar. You can add 1 teaspoon of molasses to 1 cup white sugar to make brown sugar. Check out this post on Sugar Substitutes for Baking for other ideas.
Nuts: You can omit the nuts if you prefer nut-free cookies. You will need to also omit the Snickers bars as they contain nuts too.
Candy Bars: You can use a different type of candy bar instead of Snickers. Choose your favorite candy bar and chop it into small pieces to incorporate into the dough. A great nut-free alternative would be Milk-way bars.
Chocolate Chips: You can use different types of chocolate instead of chocolate chips. Experiment with milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate to customize the flavor of the cookies. You can also double the number of chocolate chunks instead of using chips.
How to make Snickers Cookies
- Cream softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until just combined. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Stir in the chopped Snickers bars, chopped peanuts, chocolate chips, and chocolate chunks. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 min.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls of dough onto a prepared baking sheet, spacing them a few inches apart to allow for spreading.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
How to store Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies
Storing: You can store this Snickers cookie recipe for 3-4 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
Freezing: You can freeze both the cookie dough and the baked cookies. Baked cookies can also be frozen in an airtight container or freezer bag.
Freezing Cookie Dough: Scoop into balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet or use these cookie dough freezing trays. Transfer frozen cookie dough to freezer bags.
Check out this post for How to Freeze Cookie Dough for tips on saving cookie dough for later.
Snickers Cookie Recipe FAQs
Snickers is named after the Mars family's favorite horse, which was named "Snickers." The candy bar was introduced by Mars, Inc. in 1930, and its name was chosen as a tribute to this beloved horse.
Snickers is a candy bar featuring nougat topped with caramel and peanuts all covered in milk chocolate. Baby Ruth is very similar but uses a chocolate-flavored compound coating on the outside, resulting in a somewhat different texture and flavor profile.
A chewy cookie is typically made with a higher fat and sugar content, chilled dough, and a higher ratio of moist ingredients as compared to crunchy cookies.
Other easy cookie recipes:
- Homemade M&M Cookies
- Best Monster Cookies
- Funfetti Cookies With Cake Mix
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped Snickers bars about 2 regular-sized bars
- ½ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until just combined.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Stir in the chopped Snickers bars, chopped peanuts, chocolate chips, and chocolate chunks, distributing them evenly throughout the dough.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30 min.
- After the dough is chilled using a 1-inch cookie scoop, drop rounded spoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them a few inches apart to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the centers still appear slightly underdone.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then use a spatula to transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.