Learn how to make Instant Pot Hot Cocoa! This Easy Hot Chocolate Recipe is creamy, delicious and cozy! The best Hot Chocolate in Instant Pot!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy about affiliate links.
Warm up during the cold months by making a batch of this Instant Pot Hot Chocolate.
Skip the packets and go for a quick, decadent, and satisfying cup of this chocolatey goodness. Whole milk, chocolate chips, and vanilla come together to make the perfect cup of cocoa.
Pair a hot mug of cocoa with these Delicious Hot Cocoa Cookies and Christmas Chocolate Bark Candy. The ultimate treat!
Are you making a Hot Chocolate Bar? Hot Chocolate in your Instant Pot will be the star of the show.
Easy Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Delicious: This recipe only uses basic ingredients and it's still delicious! Rich and creamy just like it should be.
- Cheap: It doesn't take too many ingredients to bring this delicious recipe together.
- Total Comfort Food: A hot cup of cocoa, next to the fire while it's snowing outside. Now, this is the cozy comfort food I look forward too!
Instant Pot Hot Cocoa Ingredients
- whole milk & heavy cream
- white sugar
- cocoa powder
- Mini marshmallows optional
How to make Instant Pot Hot Cocoa
- Set your instant pot to sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add your whole milk, heavy cream, white sugar & cocoa powder. Whisk constantly until combined.
How to Store Recipe:
Storing: Any leftover hot cocoa can be stored in an airtight container, such as a mason jar, and kept in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Freezing: You can totally freeze your leftover hot chocolate. Let it cool, then transfer it to an ice cube tray and freeze.
Use cocoa ice cubes in your iced coffee or blended for frozen hot chocolate.
Substitutions for this Recipe:
Whole Milk: You can substitute milk with half and half, low-fat milk, or non-dairy milk.
Heavy Cream: You can substitute with another non-dairy heavy cream, or half and half.
Sugar: We don't recommend substituting white sugar unless you have to, but White sugar can be used interchangeably with brown sugar. You can add 1 teaspoon of molasses to white sugar to make brown sugar. Check out this post on Sugar Substitutes for Baking for other ideas.
Cocoa Powder: We don't recommend substituting cocoa powder, as it is essential in the recipe.
Mini Marshmallow: Of course, the garnish to your instant pot hot cocoa is totally up to you. Use large marshmallows, stuffed marshmallows, or flavored marshmallows. I like a little bit of shaved chocolate on top too!
Hot Chocolate Instant Pot Tips and Variations
- Topping options - You can top your instant pot hot chocolate with countless ingredients. You can make some Homemade Whipped Cream, and top it with mini marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, etc.
- Add heavy cream - If you want to make your hot chocolate recipe a bit thicker, remove a cup of milk and replace it with heavy cream. This will make it a bit thicker and creamier.
- Add spices - If preferred, you can always add a bit of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, etc. to give it a bit more of a spicy—Holiday flavor.
Instant Pot Hot Cocoa FAQs
Hot chocolate and hot cocoa are pretty much interchangeable terms. Some people make their hot chocolate with melted chocolate, while others use cocoa powder.
There’s nothing in hot chocolate, specifically, that would make you sleepy. However, the warmth of a delicious beverage on a cold night has a calming effect. When your body gets warmed up, both inside and out, your body can relax. Drinking hot chocolate allows your body to warm up and release some of that tension, which in turn, makes you feel sleepy or in a state where sleep sounds nice.
You can make hot chocolate with both water and milk. Milk will create a thicker, richer, and creamier hot chocolate. Water will have a thinner liquid and it won't be as thick and creamy.
More Dessert Recipes You’re Sure To Love:
Instant Pot Hot Chocolate
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- mini marshmallows optional
- Set your instant pot to sauté for 2 minutes. Add your whole milk, heavy cream, white sugar & cocoa powder. Whisk constantly until combined.
- Pour your cocoa into glasses & top with marshmallows !
Leave a Reply