How to make the best cotton candy burrito! This easy cotton candy burrito can be made with ice cream or frosting- a yummy dessert burrito!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy about affiliate links.
If you've got a sweet tooth, you have to try a cotton candy burrito.
They’re so pretty and colorful, but they're super rich. One burrito usually is enough for at least four people all on its own.
If you can't find cotton candy burritos near you, don't worry - I'll show you how to make one at home!
What are Cotton Candy Burritos?
You might be wondering... what is a cotton candy burrito? If you've never seen one before, a cotton candy burrito is exactly what it sounds like - a burrito made out of cotton candy!
Typically cotton candy burritos are flattened cotton candy filled with frosting or ice cream and wrapped up like a burrito.
What is in a Cotton Candy Burrito?
To make a cotton candy burrito you'll need:
- cotton candy
- frosting or ice cream
How to make a Cotton Candy Burrito
Making a cotton candy burrito is so simple!
- Flatten the cotton candy in a 15x7 inch rectangle.
- Add the filling - Using either ice cream or frosting, place three scoops directly in the middle of the cotton candy rectangle.
- Add your choice of candy, sprinkles, crushed cereal, etc. Don’t fill it too much, as it will be hard to roll, just like any burrito.
- Roll it up and enjoy - Starting at one of the long ends, roll up the burrito like you would cinnamon roll dough, tucking in the sides as you go. Slice it with a sharp knife down the middle, serve, and enjoy!
Candy Burrito Tips and Variations
- Choose any color - You can use any color cotton candy you can get your hands on.
- Use gloves - Cotton candy disintegrates with moisture and handling the cotton candy with bare hands can cause it to get sticky, and difficult to handle.
- Mix up the filling - I used frosting and sprinkles since that’s what I had on hand. However, you can use any filling you like such as frosting, ice cream, etc. just as long as it can stay a bit more solid within the burrito.
- Use wax paper - I suggest using wax paper and a large flat surface to make the candy burrito on. This ensures the burrito stays clean and doesn’t stick to anything.
Serving a Frosting or Ice Cream Cotton Candy Burrito
A cotton candy burrito really doesn't need anything else to enjoy it! This is super sweet so we suggest slicing & sharing it with friends.
How to store a Cotton Candy Ice Cream Burrito
It’s best to eat these candy burritos right after they’re made as they don’t store well.
The fridge or the freezer are not good spots because of the moisture so these can't be made ahead or stored for a later date.
Cotton Candy Dessert Burrito FAQs
Yes, you can make cotton candy at home- but you'll need a cotton candy machine to do it!
Cotton candy is it's own unique flavor! it's sweet, fruity, and almost tastes like a combination of raspberry and vanilla.
Calories in a cotton candy burrito can vary greatly. Some cotton candy burritos can range from 500 to 1,000 calories.
Where Can You Get a Cotton Candy Burrito?
With this recipe, you can get a cotton candy burrito right in your own kitchen within ten minutes. Plus, it’s cheaper, easier, and it involves less driving.
However, if you’re looking to pick up a candy burrito without having to make one, you’ll have to go to Las Vegas, San Diego, or Los Angeles.
There aren’t many places that sell them, but some of the larger cities in the US have at least one place where you might find them.
More Desserts You’ll Love:
- Peanut Butter Brownies
- Marble Strawberry Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake
- Mint Chocolate Donuts
- Moist Banana Cake Recipe
Cotton Candy Burritos
- 1 large tub cotton candy
- ¾ cup frosting or ice cream
- 1 tablespoons sprinkles optional
- Using gloves, pull the cotton candy out of the tub gently and begin finding the ends of each piece and unraveling it.
- Lay it out in a rectangle-ish form and lightly press the separate pieces together along the connecting edges, but don’t squash it too much. Your rectangle should be at least 15 inches long and 7 inches wide or close to it.
- In the middle of the cotton candy, put about three scoops of frosting or ice cream, each scoop about ¼ of a cup in size.
- Top with sprinkles, candy, crushed cereal, whatever you choose.
- Still with gloves on, start at one end and slowly start to roll it up like cinnamon roll dough. Tuck in the sides as you go along, and tightly pack in the cotton candy as you roll so it keeps form and doesn’t fall apart.
- Once rolled, cut in half with a sharp knife and enjoy!
- Choose any color - White, red, and pink cotton candy was popular in the store when I made this because of the holiday. However, you can use any color cotton candy you can get your hands on. Customize it and make it match a party theme, a holiday, etc.
- Use gloves - I used elastic gloves and I suggest you do as well. Cotton candy disintegrates with moisture and handling the cotton candy with bare hands can cause it to get sticky, gross, and difficult to handle.
- Mix up the fillers - I used frosting and sprinkles since that’s what I had on hand. However, you can use any filling you choose such as frosting, ice cream, etc. just as long as it can stay a bit more solid within the burrito.
- As far as the sprinkles, you can go hog wild with the candy, cereal, sprinkles, chocolate, etc. It’s whatever you want to put in there, just don’t forget you’ll have to roll it up after you add everything on.
Leave a Reply