This Flag S'Mores Dip is the perfect fourth of July dessert! Done in under 15 minutes, it's cute, patriotic and delicious! Serve with some graham cracker squares to finish topping off the perfect dessert.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy about affiliate links.
If you're looking for something simple to make this Fourth of July, look no further than this easy S'Mores Dip!
This Flag S'More's Dip is one of our favorite things to bring to a holiday BBQ. Here's why we love it!
Why we love this red white and blue dip:
- Easy to make - only takes 15 minutes
- Made with only 2 ingredients
- Doesn't need to be refrigerated
This patriotic dip is perfect for bring to a picnic this 4th of July, or enjoying at home if you're feeling festive!
Ingredients for Fourth of July S'mores Dip:
- 22 Large Square Marshmallows
- 48 Ounces Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Red Spray Food Coloring
- Blue Spray Food Coloring
- Graham Cracker Sticks for dipping
You'll also need a glass 9x13 baking dish.
How to Make Fourth of July S'mores Dip
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 cake pan.
- Color the marshmallows - Spray four of the marshmallows with blue food color and 8 of them with red food coloring. Set them aside to dry.
- Add the chocolate chips - In the bottom of the pan, pour all the chocolate chips and spread them out evenly.
- Line up the marshmallows - Place the four blue marshmallows in the upper left corner then finish the top line with three red marshmallows. Finish the second line down with 3 white marshmallows. The next line will be 5 red marshmallows and the last line will be 5 white marshmallows.
- Cut the extra marshmallows - Take the two extra marshmallows and measure the gaps at the end of the red and white lines. Cut them and spray them red if need be. Put in place.
- Bake - Place in the oven for 10 minutes then remove and serve immediately with graham crackers.
How to Store S'mores Dip:
Storage: I wouldn’t suggest keeping this for too long. It’s best eaten right out of the oven! If you are going to make it in advance (prior to baking), it’s best to store it in an airtight container in a dry, room temp area.
Reheating - If the chocolate starts to harden and it’s not easy to dip anymore, you can slip it back in the oven for a couple of minutes. You can also scoop out portions and reheat them in the microwave for a few seconds at a time.
Can I make this ahead of time? You can put it together ahead of time, but you can’t bake it ahead of time. The chocolate will harden and you’ll have to reheat it when it’s time to serve it.
Tips for Fourth of July S'Mores Dip
Use any chocolate chips you want - I like to use dark chocolate chips however, you can use any type of chocolate chip you prefer. Be aware that different chocolate chips across various pricing points melt differently.
Spray the marshmallows after cooking - If you want to, you can attempt to free hand spray the marshmallows after they’ve cooked. This will allow them to be a bit softer, but it’s not as pretty.
Add coarse sugar - If you like, you can always add some coarse sugar over the blue marshmallows after cooking to help with the star look. You could do this in other ways, just be aware of how it might melt or interact with the taste.
Red, White, and Blue S’mores Dip FAQS
What is the Best Chocolate for S’mores?
The best chocolate is the kind that melts easily. It doesn’t take much to cook a marshmallow, which means you need a chocolate that will pair well with this aspect.
This is why small pieces of thin chocolate bars or chocolate chips are used when making s’mores variations. Smaller portions melt quicker.
If you gave this Red, White, and Blue S’mores Dip a go and have any questions or simply loved it, please let me know in the comments below!
Other 4th of July Desserts:
- Homemade White Cake - add patriotic colors or frost as a flag
- Mini Cherry Pies
- Fourth of July Sugar Cookies
- Homemade Pie Crust
- Homemade Whipped Cream
- Lemon Cool Whip Cookies
Patriotic S'mores Dip
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a greased 9x13 glass dish.
- Over wax or parchment paper, spray four of the marshmallows with blue food dye spray.
- Spray 8 of the marshmallows with red food dye spray.
- Pour the chocolate chips into the bottom of a greased 9x13 glass baking dish. Spread the chips into an even layer.
- Place the four blue marshmallows in the upper left corner of the pan over the top of the chocolate chips. Place four red marshmallows along the top to finish the first line, 4 of the white marshmallows in the next line under, 5 red marshmallows as the third line, and finally, 5 white marshmallows as the last line.
- Take the two remaining marshmallows and cut them to fit the four spaces at the end of each line. The two pieces that finish the red lines will need to be sprayed with the red food dye before being placed in position.
- Bake for 10 minutes and serve immediately with graham cracker sticks.