Mini Cherry Pies are the perfect bite size dessert! These Cherry pie cups are perfect for any occasional - easy to make and delicious!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy about affiliate links.
If you're looking for an easy dessert- look no further than these adorable mini cherry pies!
Enjoy this quick bite sized dessert with under an hour of prep time!
Why we Love Mini Cherry Pie Cups:
These are one of our favorite desserts to make and share!
- Easy to make: You only really need 2 ingredients to make these mini cherry pie cups: pie crust and cherry pie filling! Use store bought to save time!
- Perfectly Bite Sized: These pies are great for bringing to a part, or enjoying as a no fuss treat. No need to get out the pie serve - these are portable and bite sized!
Ingredients for Mini Cherry Pies
To make mini cherry pie pockets you'll need:
- 1 pre-made pie crust or homemade pie crust
- 8 tablespoons cherry pie filling (about ½ cup)
- butter flavored cooking spray
- granulated sugar for sprinkling
You'll also need a muffin tin & cookie cutter.
How to Make Mini Cherry Pie Cups
Making Mini Cherry Pie Cups is so easy!
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a mini muffin tin.
- Cut the flowers: Roll out the already prepared dough and cut 8-12 flowers out using a 3-inch flower cookie cutter.
- Form the flower pocket: Gently press the middle of the flower into the cavity of the mini muffin tin. Then press the petals down flat so they’re not sticking straight up in the air.
- Fill and bake: Fill each flower with about a tablespoon each of cherry pie filling. Place in the oven and let bake for about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
Variations for Mini Cherry Pies Recipe:
Pie Crust: Instead of using store-bought ingredients, if you have time, you can make your own homemade pie crust. Pie crusts and pie filling aren’t difficult to tackle, but if you don’t have a ton of extra time, store-bought dough and filling is always a nice option.
Other fillings: You can bake these with no filling in them and once they cool, you can fill them with lemon curd, chocolate pudding, etc. for more pie options. You can also use these flowers to serve little fresh fruit bites, yogurt bites, cheese bites, etc.
How to Store Cherry Pie Cups:
Storing: You can store these cherry pie cups for up to 5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator, or for up to 3 days at room temperature in a cool dry place. Check out this post on how to store pies after baking.
Freezing: You can definitely freeze these mini pies however, in my own opinion, they don't freeze well. The taste of the pie crust is affected when frozen. They’re definitely best if not frozen, but if need be, they can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months.
Mini Cherry Pies FAQ
Usually, a pie without a top is just called a single crust pie. If they have a top, they’re called a double crust pie. However, since this recipe is for mini pies, many people might be tempted to call them tarts or tartlets. a pie and tart.
Other Pie Recipes to Try:
- Vegan Key Lime Pie
- Easy No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Homemade Fresh Peach Pie Filling
- Old Fashioned Custard Pie Recipe
- Best Ever No-Bake Cheesecake
Mini Cherry Pies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a mini muffin tin with the butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Roll out the pre-made pie crust or homemade pie crust.
- Using a 3-inch flower cookie cutter, cut out 8-12 flowers. (Servings will vary depending on cookie cutter size)
- In the mini muffin tin cavity, place one of the flowers by gently pushing it all the way down in the middle, then fold the petals of the flower over the edges of the cavity.
- Put 1 tablespoon of cherry pie filling in each flower and sprinkle the 'petals' with sugar.
- Repeat to fill the mini muffin tin
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in the tin before consuming.
- Other pie flavors - You’re more than welcome to change these to any type of pie you prefer. Blueberry, apple, strawberry, etc. just for some inspiration.
- Curd or pudding filling - You can bake these with no filling in them and once they cool, you can fill them with lemon curd, chocolate pudding, etc. for more pie options.
- Make it homemade - If you have time, try our easy homemade pie crust and make everything from scratch!