The Best Edible Brownie Batter Recipe! Enjoy this Raw Brownie Batter recipe with no eggs - perfect for when you need something sweet!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy about affiliate links.
Eggless Brownie Batter to Eat
But one of the best things about making brownies is the BROWNIE BATTER!
Don't lie, you know you love the batter! Which is why I came up with an edible brownie batter recipe!
You will love this Edible Brownie Batter
This homemade brownie batter is easy to make and delicious - perfect for when you have a chocolate craving!
Edible Raw Brownie Batter Recipe Ingredients
here's what you need to make this edible brownie batter:
- white flour
- white sugar
- cocoa powder
- whole milk
- unsalted butter
- vanilla extract
- dark chocolate chunks
How to make Edible Brownie Batter
- Prep the flour - Place the flour in the microwave for up to a minute to make it safe for consumption.
- Dry ingredients - Add the cocoa powder and salt to the flour. Mix well.
- Cream - In another bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- Combine - Mix together the dry and wet ingredients along with the milk. Fold in the chocolate chunks, if desired.
- Serve - Serve in small dishes with your choice of garnishes. Enjoy!
How to thicken brownie batter
If you find your batter is too watery, you can gradually add more flour or cocoa powder to thicken it up.
Brownie Batter Recipe (No Eggs) Variations
Add-ins - There are endless options when it comes to additions to this edible brownie batter. I like adding dark chocolate chunks. However, you can also add walnuts, pecans, almonds, macadamia nuts, coconut, freeze-dried raspberries, hot fudge, etc.
Bake the flour - If you prefer to bake the flour instead of using the microwave, that’s perfectly fine.
Simply spread it on a baking sheet and bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Allow to cool completely before adding it to the recipe.
Does it need an egg? - Since you’re not baking this batter, the egg isn’t necessary. It’s not safe to eat raw eggs anyway.
How to store Eggless Brownie Batter to Eat
Storage - Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Store in the freezer, in an airtight container, for up to 2 months.
Reheating - You can eat this edible batter straight from the fridge, or heat it in the microwave. Be careful heating it too much or it will cook it or thin it out. If frozen, let the brownie batter sit out to thaw out on its own.
Easy Edible Brownie Batter FAQs
Yes, you can eat brownie batter without eggs. You’ll want to make sure the flour has been heated to about 175 degrees before adding it to the batter.
Flour and eggs are not safe to consume when they aren't cooked.
Although your chances aren’t super high, it’s definitely a possibility if raw eggs are in the brownie batter.
It's not recommended due to the raw flour in the powder.
Although your chances aren’t super high, it’s definitely a possibility if raw flour and raw eggs are in the brownie batter.
More Dessert Recipes You’re Sure to Love:
Brownie Batter Recipe (No Eggs)
- Spread the flour in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high for 30 seconds.
- Remove and stir, then replace back in the microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Add the cocoa powder and salt to the flour once it’s cooled and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- Combine the flour and sugar mixtures, adding in the milk. Mix until well-combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks if desired and enjoy!