Delicious Andes Mint Cookies are so easy to make from scratch! These Chocolate Mint Cookies are tasty and fudgy - loaded with Andes Mints
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy about affiliate links.
Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies Are SO Good!
Made with a combo of Andes mints and chocolate chips, these Andes cookies are the ultimate ooey-gooey cookie that have a delicious minty bite.
Chocolate and mint are a classic combination that makes up some of the best delicious desserts.
Why we love these Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies
- Delicious: Chocolate and mint are a classic combination, and come together beautifully in this delicious cookie.
- Cheap: Take advantage of those holiday sales and stock up on the essentials.
- Tasty Topping!: Crumble these cookies on top of your favorite mint ice cream for extra flair on your dessert.
Andes Mint Cookies Recipe Ingredients
For these Mint Cookies you'll need:
- unsalted butter
- chocolate chips
- cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
- granulated sugar & brown sugar
- white flour
- baking soda, salt
- Andes mints
Chocolate Mint Cookie Recipe substitutions
Unsalted Butter: Butter is essential to this recipe. We haven't tried it with dairy-free butter but it might work!
Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips: Your favorite brand of semi-sweet chips will work perfectly, opt for dark chocolate for a bolder flavor.
Cocoa Powder: Adds a rich chocolate flavor, we don't recommend substituting.
Milk: You can substitute milk with half and half, low-fat milk, or nondairy milk.
Vanilla Extract: Helps to add flavor, we don't recommend substituting.
Eggs: We don't recommend substituting eggs, but you can read this article on Egg Substitutions for Baking if you need to substitute. Try it at your own risk!
Salt: Helps to add flavor, we don't recommend substituting.
Andes Mints: Andes also offers their tasty mints in andes mint chips form. Mint chips can be used in place of the small chocolates if necessary.
How to make Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Once the butter is completely melted, add your chocolate chips and constantly stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the milk, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and eggs until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate mixture and beat until combined.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add half of this to your chocolate mixture and beat until combined, then add the second half of your flour mixture.
- Fold in your chopped Andes mints.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, scoop out 2 tablespoons of dough. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Allow cookies to cool before moving them to a cooling rack.
How to store Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies
Storing: You can keep your fresh baked and cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Freezing: Allow your baked cookies to cool completely before freezing.
Store in a Ziploc freezer bag inside another airtight container to ensure fresh cookies once they're thawed.
Freezing Cookie Dough: You can freeze this cookie dough. Scoop into balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet or use these cookie dough freezing trays. Check out this post for How to Freeze Cookie Dough for tips on saving cookie dough for later.
Tips for the best Mint Chocolate Cookie Recipe
- Shop the Sales: Stock up on baking supplies and chocolate candies during holiday sales.
- Mint topping: Press extra mint pieces into the tops of your cookies either before or after baking.
- Cool completely: Before storing make sure they've cooled completely or they'll stick together.
- If you have leftover chopped Andes Mints stir them into this Recipe for Dark Chocolate Brownies
- Top with Vanilla Ice Cream or make them into ice cream sandwiches
Andes Mint Cookie Recipe FAQs
Andes mint chocolate candies are a combination of milk chocolate and peppermint extract.
Andes mint chocolate candies are made with milk chocolate. However, Andes does make a variety of these candies with different flavors like Mint Cookie Crunch, Cherry Jubilee, Toffee Crunch, Peppermint Crunch and Mint Parfait.
For the freshest flavor, use between 6-9 months after purchasing. Make sure your mints are sealed properly and stored in an airtight container to maintain freshness.
Andes mints are a mint-flavored chocolate candy. They're small, flat rectangles with a layer of green peppermint sandwiched between two milk chocolate layers.
More Cookie Recipes You’ll Love
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Chocolate Caramel Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Hot Cocoa Cookies
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- Brownie Cookies
Chocolate Mint Cookie Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Once butter is completely melted, add your chocolate chips and stir constantly until chocolate is melted.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in the milk, vanilla, and cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and eggs until combined (about 1-2 minutes).
- Stir in the chocolate mixture and beat until combined (about 1-2 minutes).
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add half of this to your chocolate mixture and beat until combined, then add the second half of your flour mixture.
- Fold in your chopped Andes mints
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, scoop out 2 tablespoons of dough, allowing room for the dough to spread. For some extra mint flavor, break up some more Andes mints and press two or three pieces into each dough ball. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Allow cookies to cool before moving them to a cooling rack.
This recipe is part of The Sweetest Season, a virtual cookie swap! this year we are raising money for Cookies 4 Kids Cancer, a non-profit organization dedicated to funding research for new treatments for childhood cancer.
You can help us raise money for this amazing cause by donating through out fundraising page. Oxo will match every dollar raised through the end of 2022 up to $100K so whatever money we raise will automatically double!