You don't want to miss this yummy vegan apple crisp! I love this delicious and healthy dessert to warm me up on a cold winter day. This healthy apple crisp is made with ambrosia apples and a maple-infused crumb topping.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy about affiliate links.
Healthy Apple Crisp
This vegan apple crisp is one of my absolute favorite recipes to make at home for my kids. Not only is it delicious, but this healthy variation uses natural sweeteners to give it its amazing flavor. This recipe goes great with a scoop of vegan ice cream, yum! This recipe serves 3-4, but can easily be doubled if you are baking for a larger crowd.
What type of apples should I use for Apple Crisp?
You can use almost any type of apples for this simple apple crisp recipe! We used ambrosia apples and loved the sweet flavor of the apples in this recipe. You can certainly use granny smith (more tart), golden delicious, honey crisp and gala apples as alternative options.
Should I Peel the Apples for Apple Crisp?
Although you do not have to peel the apples for apple crisp, we prefer peeled apples for this recipe. Although some apple crisps are made with sliced apples, I find cubed apples means that the topping mixes best for a nice crunch in every bite.
Other Vegan Desserts You'll Love!
The Best Vegan Apple Crisp
For the apple filling:
- Preheat the oven 350 F
- Lightly spray your 8-inch circular casserole dish with coconut oil
For the apple filling:
- Peel, core, and cube your apples
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, maple syrup, almond milk, and cinnamon. Be sure that the apples are well coated with this mix.
- Transfer your mix to the lightly oiled round casserole dish
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes
For the topping:
- While the apples are baking, prepare the topping
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, walnuts, and salt together
- Mix in the almond butter, coconut butter, and maple syrup with the dry ingredients until well combined
- Once the apple filling has baked for 15 minutes, gently remove from the oven and sprinkle the topping evenly over
- Make for another 15-20 minutes or until golden brown
- Serving:Serve hot with a scoop of vegan ice cream
- This recipe is perfect served hot with a scoop of vegan ice cream!
- We prefer cubing the apples rather than slicing the apples. This allows the topping to mix in well when you serve.
- You can use any apples to make this recipe. We used ambrosia and they were sweet and delicious.