This delicious vegan coffee cake is a perfect sweet treat. This healthy vegan cake uses natural sugar substitutes for an amazingly sweet taste. Light and fluffy, this coffee cake hits the spot!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy about affiliate links.
This easy vegan coffee cake is so easy to make! Light and delicious, this soft cake pairs perfect with your morning coffee.
A light cinnamon sugar topping gives this coffee the perfect sweet taste.
What is a coffee cake?
Coffee cake is just as it sounds, a cake that is best served alongside your morning coffee!
Although we certainly recommend this coffee cake as a breakfast fare, coffee cake can be served at any time of the day and also makes for a perfect afternoon or evening snack!
Does coffee cake contain coffee?
You might be surprised to know that many coffee cake recipes actually don't contain coffee. We love coffee so much though that we've included a hint of coffee in our cake topping.
If you don't like coffee, you can leave the coffee out and just enjoy the cinnamon sugar goodness in this cake.
Vegan Coffe Cake Ingredients:
To make this vegan coffee cake you need:
- whole wheat flour, rice flour
- non dairy milk
- coconut oil
- agave syrup
- baking powder
- vanilla extract
- cinnamon, coconut sugar
Can you freeze this coffee cake?
Yes! We often like to make a large batch and then freeze for later enjoyment. Wrap in aluminum foil or plastic wrap tightly. Thaw in the fridge before serving.
Other Vegan Desserts You'll Love!
- 50+ Vegan Pie Recipes
- Cinnamon Vegan Cheesecake
- Vegan Key Lime Pie
- Vegan Coffee Cake
- Vegan Apple Crisp
- Healthy Vegan Nanaimo Bar
The Best Vegan Coffee Cake
Coffee Cake mix
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 ¼ cup rice milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Coffee Cake Topping
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee liquid
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Lightly grease an 8-inch square cake pan
- Combine the oil, agave syrup, baking powder, vanilla, and rice milk
- Slowly mix in the whole wheat and rice flour
- Pour half of the mixture into the baking pan
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut sugar, cinnamon, and coffee
- Add a thin layer of this mixture on top of the cake batter, leave some for the topping
- Pour the rest of the cake batter into the pan
- Add the remainder of the topping mix
- Swirl the top layer gently with a fork
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes or until golden brown
Leave a Reply